ugust 2018 was huge month for me. I executed on my plan to chase “happiness” instead of status. It’s been almost of a year since I put everything into a backpack to travel the world and started a IT consulting company. In doing so I left what I call my “Kush/ritzy Washington DC” lifestyle.
As that new new chapter progressed I heard the constant noise from media, society, and my peers: “I don’t have any money”, “how do you travel so much”, and “Wow, you are so lucky”, and my favorite “My life is miserable”.
As result I wanted to try help others finding their “FINANCIAL HAPPINESS”.
You can achieve yours as well just takes the right process, tools, and discipline.
Where To Start
- One Sentence Financial Rules Article
- Budget template
- Financial Strategy Template
- Vanguard or Trowe price for low cost index funds
- Debt Snowball by Dave Ramsey
- Blog article on Finance for Kids
- Warren Buffet on Stock Market
- Homechef.com , Everyplate, HelloFresh (i.e. we used this and came out to about same price for groceries and saved us alot time while also trying new meals)
- Goodbuget (i.e. easy to use app to help you stick to your budget)
- Robinhood App: Invest in stocks with no fees
- Always make lunch don’t go out for lunch (i.e. can always budget this in we rather do nice dinners once a week)
- Buy generic brand food from large wholesalers or go to local farmers market
- By pre-owned cars or no car at all and use public transit
- Great read, “Automatic Millionaire” by David Bach (i.e. This as been my baseline for all my financial habits)
- Quit Like a Millionaire book
- 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris
- LifeHacker.com (use this to not buy expensive furniture but can create your own life hacks to make it)
- Pay as you go phone plan (e.g. Google FI)
- Google Flights and Hopper to find cheap flights
- If you are extremely responsible budgeter I recommend Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card (i.e. I annually earn over $10K in free perks/trips but always auto pay off monthly the full balance)
- Credit karma to check your credit score for free
- Real Estate Rookie: 4 keys to building a portfolio while working (city data, don't have bank check proof cash, use realtor who is investor, cozie tenant app, )
- Equityzen (pre-ipo)
- RobinHood Track | Results of top bought funds
- Personal capital financial | Cool app showcase growth of your funds
- Chime.com | Redefined mobiile banking app in 2020
- Medium Article on How Make $ writing
- 7 startups you can startup from home
- Teaching You Money
- Ark ETFs based on technology vs sector and github account
- https://metamask.io/ non custodian ETH wallet and for NFTs
- VeeFriends | Community NFTs for events/access Gary Vee events
- Lord of the Roths| Article how Peter Thiel turned 2k in millions using a roth
- Vincent Investments Search for investments
*This obviously very short directed list and a tenth of my overall life tips and hacks list. Feel free to contact me below for access to my full list!